The Roseville Area Chamber hopes to connect local businesses with college students through internship opportunities. Please post any internship opportunities that your business currently has in order to get found by local talent. Submit details below.
Are you concerned about finding the right people to hire?
Do you want more control over preparing the next generation of workers?
Would you like to increase your employee retention rate?
Do you want a new perspective on organizational issues?
Could you use help with projects or tasks you are struggling to complete?
CONSIDER HIRING AN INTERN!
More and more organizations are learning that providing an internship* can solve a number of these issues, positively affecting organizational goals and reducing costly employee turnover.
* Defined as a structured work experience related to a student’s major and/or career goal. An experience that should enhance a student’s academic, career, and personal development. Supervised by a professional in the field. An experience that is mutually agreed upon by the student, supervisor and/or faculty member.
EMPLOYER BENEFITS OF HIRING AN INTERN:
- A continual pool of enthusiastic, high-achieving students who bring new ideas and viewpoints.
- A cost-effective screening tool to identify highly qualified candidates who understand your organization’s expectations and culture.
- Effective public relations ambassadors for your organization who contribute positively to your organization’s recruiting efforts and image.
- A potential low-cost training and development program.
- Employer/college ties are strengthened and communication is improved.
- Increased motivation and productivity in regular employees.
- Learning opportunities for existing employees who would benefit from gaining mentoring or supervisory experience.
- Increased retention: Interns who are hired on as a permanent employee after graduation experience greater satisfaction with their jobs than regular hires.
YOUR REGIONAL HIGHER EDUCATION PARTNERS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU:
William Jessup University
California State University, Sacramento
Submit an Internship Opportunity
Please post any internship opportunities that your organization currently has in order to connect with local college student talent. Submit details below and/or post directly to the college/university internship job boards.