Financial Advisor Opportunity
Consider a career where you run your own business.
Are you looking for a new career where you can help others, while maintaining the flexibility to enjoy your own life? If you have an entreprenual spirit and a strong desire to help others, a career as a financial advisor will let you use your talents every day.
As a financial advisor, you’ll start your own business – creating holistic financial plans for individuals and businesses. You’ll join our team, but control how you work and run your business. We’ll support you every step of the way.
Let’s build your business together.
Your local office team will help you launch your business through professional support and personalized development. You’ll start with a base salary, expense allowances, and the ability to earn sales-based compensation. Over time you’ll transition to a contracted financial advisor, supported by Principal®.
You have our support with:
• Business planning and marketing strategy assistance
• Benefits and compensation that go beyond the basics
• Cutting-edge technology
• A culture of inclusion and flexibility
If you have the following, let’s get started.
• Relationships within your community
• Desire to build your own business
• Desire to help others achieve success
• Strong communication and listening skills
• 5 years of related full-time work experience such as sales, sales management, leadership, education or coaching, financial services or military service or Bachelor’s degree with proven achievement in leadership, academics and extracurricular activities.
• Willingness to obtain insurance and securities licenses
• Current valid driver’s license
Is this the opportunity you’ve been looking for?
Apply today by visiting www.principal.com/financialadvisor or contact Cory Kelly at 916.773.3343.
Employment at the Principal Financial Group is contingent upon completion of a thorough criminal, credit check and licensing if applicable. This position is subject to SEC restrictions on personal political contributions.
Insurance products from the Principal Financial Group® are issued by Principal National Life Insurance Company (except in New York), Principal Life Insurance Company and the companies available through the Preferred Product Network, Inc. Securities and advisory products offered through Principal Securities, Inc®, 800/247-1737, member SIPC. Principal National, Principal Life and Principal Securities, Inc® are members of the Principal Financial Group®, Des Moines, IA 50392.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. t16111807zy
Positions: Financial Advisor
Reply to: Cory Kelly
Reply to Phone: 916.773.3343
Reply to Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 02/14/2017
Location: Roseville, Elk Grove, Modesto
Placer Land Trust (PLT), a nationally accredited land trust located in Auburn, CA, is seeking a Conservation Director to increase its capacity to develop and complete a growing number of conservation projects, accelerate the pace of its land conservation, and work to ensure the sustainable protection of PLT’s conservation holdings. PLT works with willing landowners and conservation partners to permanently protect natural and agricultural lands in Placer County, CA. PLT has 8,000 acres already protected, with a goal to double that acreage within two years. This position offers a tremendous career opportunity for an energetic and accomplished conservation professional to lead the next generation of PLT’s partnerships and projects, working with our experienced staff to leverage 25 years of success. For more information about PLT, call (530) 887-9222 or visit www.placerlandtrust.org.
The Conservation Director will oversee and provide day-to-day management and strategic direction for PLT’s land conservation and stewardship program, which entails:
• conservation planning with the Executive Director to identify new land conservation opportunities;
• developing and negotiating new conservation easement and fee property acquisition projects, including mitigation and private-party projects;
• securing acquisition and stewardship funding;
• overseeing PLT’s stewardship team and ensuring proper and sustainable protection, management, administration and defense of properties already acquired; and
• complying with best practices, contract obligations, and national land trust accreditation.
The Conservation Director will report to and be supervised by the Executive Director, Jeff Darlington, and together with the Operations Director, will be part of PLT’s core leadership team. The Conservation Director will supervise 3-4 employees, including the Stewardship Manager, Land Manager, and Stewardship Assistant(s).
The Conservation Director will work primarily with the Executive Director to:
• Develop and implement a Strategic Conservation Plan to guide investigation and prioritization of land conservation efforts, and subsequently to prioritize potential land conservation projects.
• Investigate potential land conservation projects using screening criteria, work with staff and volunteers to assess screened land conservation projects, and assist the Executive Director in recommending potential projects to the Board of Directors as priority projects to actively pursue.
• Cultivate, steward and enhance relationships with conservation partners (public agencies, foundations, NGOs, etc.)
• Solicit public and private grant funding for land conservation, and over time sustainably increase such revenue. Encourage and solicit donations of land and conservation easements, and donations of funding for transactions and stewardship. Work with the Executive Director to obtain and increase stewardship endowment funds as well as new funding for high priority restoration and enhancement projects (such as habitat restoration or trail/recreation development).
• Lead implementation of certain of PLT’s active projects, including due diligence, budgeting, stewardship assessment, landowner negotiations, project fundraising, etc. Prepare or supervise preparation of documents for land conservation projects, including purchase and sale agreements, pledge agreements, stewardship endowment calculations, baseline documentation reports, deeds, easements, management plans, escrow documents, etc. Oversee all phases of projects through acquisition to annual stewardship.
• Supervise conservation and stewardship staff, including active involvement in employee development, workload prioritization and performance evaluation, as well as individual and team success.
• Participate in PLT events such as the Big Day of Giving, the Placer Conservator event, preserve tours, and other community and regional events that promote conservation partnerships, increase community support, and increase awareness of PLT’s mission and accomplishments.
• Stay abreast of conservation and stewardship issues in the Sierra Nevada, Central Valley and Placer County through training and participating in regional planning and land use efforts, and ensure PLT’s stewardship staff stays abreast of relevant issues.
The successful applicant must demonstrate the following required qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree with relevant coursework.
• Three years land trust or conservation nonprofit experience, including demonstrated passion for conserving land and serving our community.
• Two years project management experience, including overseeing multiple projects through to success, and meeting financial goals and project deadlines.
• Real estate experience, including demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win land transactions, and familiarity with appraisal and title review and other due diligence.
• Successful grant solicitation and compliance experience.
• Personnel management or team leadership experience. Strong people management skills and the ability to organize and motivate others.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including ability to represent PLT well to our partners, members, and the public. Strong team-building and relationship-building skills, with the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities across political, social, and economic spectrums. Positive and pleasant demeanor, yet persistent in achieving results.
• Strong written communication, attention-to-detail, problem-solving, quality control, organizational, and time management skills. Ability to work independently and decisively with little supervision.
• Computer proficiency, including ability to trouble-shoot basic computer user problems and learn new computer skills. Basic proficiency with ArcGIS/ArcMap and GPS technology, related data analysis and map production, as well as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, and travel for work. Valid California Driver’s License.
• Ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as hiking in steep terrain.
Additional relevant experience and the following qualifications are desired, but not required:
• Postgraduate degree in related field.
• Demonstrated expertise in mitigation project completion and compliance.
• Demonstrated familiarity with nonprofit, fundraising, and/or real estate entities and rules specific to the State of California.
• Additional public agency grant solicitation and compliance experience.
• Experience working with the Pacific Forest and Watershed Lands Stewardship Council, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and/or Placer County.
• Additional computer skills, including familiarity with Property Analysis Record (PAR) software.
The Conservation Director position will be open until the right candidate is hired, preferably starting in March 2017. This is a new, full-time (40 hours per week), exempt, salaried position, based out of the PLT office in Auburn, CA. The position will require frequent travel within Placer County for property visits, meetings and other activities, and infrequent evening and weekend work. Flexible work hours and occasional limited telecommuting options may be arranged. PLT is an equal opportunity employer, and employment at PLT is at-will.
PLT offers compensation including a competitive annual salary to be determined based on experience, plus other benefits such as paid leave, health insurance and others.
If you feel you can increase PLT’s capacity to successfully complete a growing number of conservation projects, accelerate the pace of its land conservation, and work to ensure the sustainable protection of PLT’s conservation holdings, then please send us a letter explaining why this is the right job for you. Include your resume, 2-3 professional references, and your compensation expectations (if any).
Applications should be mailed to Placer Land Trust, Attn: Operations Director, 11641 Blocker Drive, Suite 220, Auburn, CA 95603, or they may be emailed in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLT would like to have applications no later than Tuesday, February 7, 2017, and PLT will give preference to applications received by this date. The successful candidate will need to interview at least twice, including at least once in-person at PLT’s office, and demonstrate patience in allowing PLT adequate time to evaluate applications through the end of February when the hiring decision is estimated to be made. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Reply to: Eden Rock
Reply to Phone: 530-887-9222
Reply to Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 01/26/2017
Location: Auburn, CA
Team Giving, Inc. has a part-time employment opportunity for an Executive Assistant
(25 hours a week with a potential for fulltime employment)
The Executive Assistant reports to the CEO and CCO and performs administrative, clerical, planning and outreach functions for Team Giving.
• Answer phones, process mail and help maintain office calendar
• Assist with coordination and facilitation of volunteer projects, programs and special events
• Data entry
• Compiling information
• Assist with ongoing client and donor stewardship
• Assist in the development and delivery of marketing strategies for all communications, website, and public
relations messages to consistently articulate the mission of Team Giving.
• Assist in managing the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic communications
including, but not limited to, social medial, brochures, e-newsletters, video and film, and Team Giving website
• Assist CEO/CCO with administrative support functions as needed
• Other duties as required meeting the needs of our clients and Team Giving
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Expert written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
• Strategic planning, critical thinking, analytical problem solving and marketing skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Experience in database entry, management and utilization (SalesForce a plus)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint),
• Experience with Adobe Design Creative Suite and WordPress is a plus
• Reliable transportation is required
Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and be extremely organized. You will be an essential member of our non-profit helping to enhance the public image of the organization and increase awareness of Team Giving. We are a young, smaller organization but we do great things!! We strongly believe this position is a gem for the right person who wants to learn, grow and make a difference!
Please send cover letter and resume to Cynthia Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Link: http://www.teamgiving.org
Reply to: Cynthia Woods
Reply to Phone: 916-824-2118
Reply to Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 12/07/2016
Location: Newcastle, CA
Employers Select Insurance Services is an innovate and growing independent insurance agency in Rocklin, CA. We are looking for an Insurance Producer to learn the business, develop into a successful sales consultant with a future equity position. If you are an enthusiastic, career-minded and driven individual, we want to meet you!
Position Summary: This individual will be responsible for shadowing an active producer and within 6 months begin producing new business and servicing obtained clients. Job highlights:
Base Pay: $38,500.00/year plus generous commission splits available immediately for any obtained new business
Is ESIS a good fit for you? Can you experience success within our Business Model?
Reply to: Shannon Zajec
Reply to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 08/08/2016
Location: Rocklin, CA